September 4, 2010

Holla!

After making my second trip to the farmers' market to buy more peaches (get 'em while you can!), I stopped in the Brooklyn Flea to browse and maybe get a little snack.  I certainly didn't expect to find this:


What?!?  Here I've been trying to destash, simplify, use what I have, and then I find 18 cones of beautiful cotton.  Apparently the vendor found them in front of the Met, which is bizarro, but all I could think was "hexagons, washcloths, bathroom curtain."  $55 later, they were mine.  Sometimes you can't let a good thing pass you by.

7 comments:

Erin Joy said... Best Blogger Tips

Sweet score! Man - you really can't pass up an opportunity like that; we'd have to question your commitment if you did! Good thing you were in the right place at the right time. Congrats!

WhiteStone said... Best Blogger Tips

Doggone, Woman, you'll be crocheting/knitting for the next 125 years before you go through all that!

However...when I saw them, I thought, Wow! Great decor lined up on a shelf somewhere! Color! Cool!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh.. What a catch! :D

Thank you for commenting on my blog. And we do have lots of berries like this (whatever their English name) around here. The reason I call them "plain": because we never actually use these berries. They taste very little and can only last for a day or so in the fridge..

In Iceland though, they pick them and eat them like blueberries (with cream or icecream) .. ;)

Oiyi said... Best Blogger Tips

That is the most fantastic score! They look so pretty all lined up. I hope they are sitting somewhere pretty in your apartment.

craftivore said... Best Blogger Tips

That's an awesome score. I can imagine that you still might have some of that in 10 years.

Sayschnicklefritz said... Best Blogger Tips

Yes, the score was amazing and I do fear that I will be crocheting with it for years, but for now I push aside any questions of my being a horder and let my imagination run wild.

Reckless Glue said... Best Blogger Tips

EIGHTEEN cones???? holy crap, well done!