May 7, 2009

More bounce to the ounce

I busted out my new running shoes today:





They were an E-bay purchase, thanks to suggestion by my friend Megan. I took them on a quick 3-mile loop and returned my Netflix at the same time. My old shoes had quite a bit of mileage on them, so these felt super bouncy and springy. My body will thank me later, I'm sure.
It was gray and damp, but oddly warm this morning.







Sometimes I have to force myself to put down my knitting and get outside, even on the nicest of days. Today it was easy, as I had just finished a quick and wacky project:


It's a parking meter cover, part of a public art project by Knitta Please. The only restrictions we had were to use acrylics or acrylis blends, to knit in stockinette and to limit our pallate to pinks, greens, blues and yellows. The installation is going up on May 13 and I'm psyched to check it out.
Off to the farmer's market to buy apples and drop of my compost, then back home for some knitting before my friend's Derby party.

0 comments: