May 7, 2009

Coasters and caramels

I've made a promise to myself to knit and crochet only for me during May, a sort of ongoing birthday present. Nevertheless, I did finish up and mail off this project:





The pattern is called Lacy Coasters, and is from a 2008 issue of Crochet! magazine. I worked them using Koigu KPM and KPPM that I purchased at Purl Soho. Yeah, sale! They were shipped off to Portland, OR together with some delicious salty caramels that I made. The caramels were inspired by the Salty Caramel ice cream I had last weekend that was so good, it had me trolling the Interwebs for a candy version. Easy peasy. I didn't have the fleur de sel called for in the recipe, so I substituted pink Himalayan salt instead (I know! I have pink Himalayan salt!). I had a lot of fun with this gift, so I hope the recipient does, too.

0 comments: